Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gone to the Beach

We went to the squishy face dog gathering in Carlton Square. It was a bit of a fenced off dust bowl in the corner of the park, where Buddy played like a happy little Vegemite with other British Bulldogs as well as the rest of the squash face clan. We've never seen him with a another British bulldog, we've never seen another British Bulldog since we have owned him, so that was kind of cool. He was with his people. And... so... well... it was like being with any group of dogs. One white bulldog in a red coat took quite a shine to Buddy, who stomped about and said hello to as many dogs as he could, as per usual. There was no big dog there for him to fixate on, as all the dogs were, roughly, the same size as him.


It was really hot in Carlton, the sun beat down, the edges of everything were going just that slightly bit soft, from all the heat. Buddy sounded like he was going to expire in the back of the car, so we took him to Brighton beach to jump around in the sea. It was hot, my neck got sunburnt.


We met a nice vet from Camberwell, who reminded me of Celine Dion, who had a Bedlington, who was impressed that I knew what they were. 

"Is that your Bedlington," I asked the two closet people to it splashing about in the water.

"Yes. Oh you know what he is."

"Yes, I grew up with them."

"I am impressed."

They are a very rare dog, you see so few of them.

She then quizzed me about the health history of the Fletcher Bedlingtons. The first two died of cancer, of her leg and behind his eye. The third Bedlington, Ben, was in that period when I was off exploring the world, so I didn't know him very well and couldn't remember what happened to him, in the end. 

"So none of them died from the hereditary liver disease," she asked. 

"Yes, the last one," I replied. "The only one to be tested and guaranteed not to die of it."

I didn't turn my nose up at the fact that she'd bought a liver colour dog, when we'd always had the blues.


We drove to Sam’s place to get new backup for my photo collection/computer. This is the third hard drive Sam has produced for my photo collection back up. Each request seems to warrant the technology being more and more sophisticated each time. Good thing Sam is a techno nerd, as he is able to produce new technology when required. I now have 2 hard drive back ups of my laptop, both of which operate wirelessly and automatically. Good huh?


We got home around 4.30pm.


I spoke to Mark… the big 30th birthday party? At the hotel. How did it go?


Mark 24/02/13 6:22 PM

it was fantastic... everyone said it was the best party they'd ever been too... we did have lots of fun... copious amounts of green were consumed...


Christian 24/02/13 6:24 PM

I'd like some green, Big smile

But, I've given up smoking for 3 days. How are you going?


Mark 24/02/13 6:24 PM

like puffing billie atm....

We ate the leftover green curry for diner, at dusk with all the doors open and the cool air floated in.


Sam went to bed at 10pm.

I sat up, it was a balmy night. I watched, Mr and Mrs Murder and The Informant, an Aussie cop show, till late.


No comments: