Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Too Much of a Good Thing

It rained, it was cool. The change in weather was very welcome, after the relentless days of gorgeous heat. It has been the most perfect weather, really. But, a change was good, giving us something else to feel, to recover our senses of this deluge of perfection.

Of course, the lounge room roof leaked in the rain. That old chestnut. Fucken thing! No really!

I need to call the roof guy. Might as well get it all fixed. Rachel recommended someone to me, a cute wog boy, boyfriend of a girl friend of someone’s.

I asked my builder, who told me what to do to stop it. Easy. You think it would be easy with a builder around. But roofs, some traidies suck in air at the mention. My builder said, "No problem, I started off as a roof plumber."

The builders were here fitting a sink to the upstairs en suite, finally, after more than twenty years. I should ask them about the roof. I’m stressing that the tiling will be done, with enough tiles left over to fix the kitchen, eventually. He didn’t seem keen. There are some damaged ones in the main work area. The builder didn’t seem keen to address them.

It looks like I have to be on my laptop in the lounge room all day again. Shuks. No really, I find it so hard.

The builders get a lot done and are gone by 4pm. The sink is fitted. A new cistern is sourced for the main bathroom. The laundry sink will go in tomorrow and the tiling will get sorted.

I like to stress, I realised. I just over process everything that could go wrong with the renovations. I’m beginning to suspect, I just like to worry. 4.30pm, I call Guido and arrange some pot. You know, to help calm the nerves. Guido says he can deliver tomorrow. Tomorrow? I ask questioningly. He says that I can come to him, but he will only be home for another hour, after that he is being picked up and driven to his beach house for a couple of days. I’m standing talking to him in the street half an hour later.

The afternoon was sunny.

Sam staid at his place for the night.

It was a balmy night, I lay on the couch and watch all the American comedies on TV.

I reheated the leftover noodles from last night for dinner.


I staid up until 1am, waiting for the neighbours to put their rubbish bins out, so I can preform my garbage distribution. You know, with just a bit of effort, I can clean the house of all it’s crap, just by using the normal rubbish service. I keep filling everyone’s bins after cleaning out my cupboards. Ten years of collective housemates left-behinds are gone in one clean. That is, in fact, something off my 10 year list.

Buddy had long since gone to bed. He takes himself off to his house, some nights when the back doors are open and he is free to come and go as he pleases.

No comments: