Sunday, January 21, 2018

Gay Marriage and Alzheimer's, Early in The Morning

7.15am. Mark rang early. Of course, he didn't use the phone, who does now a days? He Messengered me, what do you call that? What is the term? Whatever you call it, it is nice to see his face.  Old boy friends, like old gloves, you just start talking, sipping coffee, drinking tea. We know what the other means, often before we say it. We were together longer than most gay marriages today will last, but we are not together now. I thought he was my forever guy at the time, as he thought I was his. We both knew it. Soul mates forever.

“At last I have found you,” was the collective thinking.

And we are soul mates forever. We will be forever. But not together, as we thought. But, you know, that is okay, because most relationships don’t last forever, certainly not without changing quite dramatically during their time. That is human nature, we all change over time.


And yet h
ere we are, still thinking we'll meet "the one" who will fulfil all of our wants and desires for an entire life time.


Mark – Did you enjoy the wedding? Did you crah...? Crah, like a baby?

Christian – What wedding?

Mark – The Monsoon nuptials?

Christian – What?


Mark – David (Monsoon) and Harry (de Wit)

Christian – Did they get married?

Mark – Yes....oops, not invited?

Christian – How do you know?

Mark – FB.

Christian – I didn't see anything… sadly

Mark – Haha... I’m sure you’re mortified...

Christian – When was it on FB?

Mark – This morning

Christian – Who posted it?

Mark – [somebody] added 6 new photos.



“Just a few more from the Boys' fabulous wedding😘 πŸ’š 😍 πŸ’™ 😚

Christian – Oh, now I see it… Oh, weren't they clever, one wore a black jacket and black shirt with white pants, and one wore a white jacket and a white shirt with black pants. The style is breath taking.

Mark – Hahahahahha. At least David has lost some weight by the look of it....

Christian – no he hasn't, still fat as butter.

Mark – But poor Harry wasn’t able to add a few inches... didn’t realise he was such a hobbit. Must've been the black jacket...

Christian – a poisonous dwarf

Mark – Haha... Is he? It’s all a bit sad really...

Christian – It's all a bit clichΓ©d… a page boy and a flower girl with white roses… cutting edge

Mark – I think Luke’s response to me was right, when I asked him to marry me...." WHAT......NOOOOOOO"

Christian – that made me chuckle

Mark – I pretended to be horrified, but inside I was chuckling... he had a look on his face, like he had just smelt a very nasty fart..

Christian – chuckle

Mark – Tacky Queens...

Christian – Oh, and their fluffy dogs on leads

Mark – Yes... eeeeeuuughhhhh. It's a wonder they weren’t wheeled in, in prams.

It is nice that we have equal rights, but... eeeuuugh

Christian – Yes, of course

Mark – Has it cooled down now....?

Christian – For a group of people supposedly on the cutting edge of style, I had to question it when Derek McVie
(was marrying Perry Alphabet just recently) said he had something old and something blue, but he was calling out to his friends for something borrowed

Mark – Oh noooooo really?

Christian – yes, really

Mark vomit gif

Christian – chuckle. Is it all the "look at me" people?

Mark – Surprised there wasn’t a pumpkin coach

Christian – David Monsoon wouldn't fit in a pumpkin coach. Oh well, good on 'em

Mark – Nooo they give the rest of us a bad name... kill them all... or banish them all to Fountain Lakes.

Christian – All the gay relationships that gay men have negotiated over time, often under difficult circumstances, have all been relegated to nothing because queens can now get married like their straight counterparts and can now, thank the lord no doubt, feel "normal."

Mark – Yes, well that’s the crux of it, isn’t it. Who wants to be normal... eeuugh...

Christian – "At last I can have the full cliche," said the tacky queen breathlessly, "And finally I can feel normal." she clutched her pearls and let out a tiny squeal.

Mark – Hahahabaha

Christian – yes, “normal?” It is, essentially, why gay marriage is a homophobic act

Mark – That is very profound, and true...you should post that on their page...

Christian – nah, I get into trouble for those kinds of comments

Mark – Haha… yes I know you do… but go right ahead...

Christian – Get married, tongue kiss your Lhasa Apso, what the fuck do I care

07:50am. I bet you there were doves released. Watch doves become an endangered species because of too many tacky queens.

If I ever get invited to a gay wedding, which is doubtful, I’ll want a flame thrower handy so I can BBQ the doves as they make their way heavenwards.

Mark – Oh it’s all just toooooo much... having to mark your relationship with an outdated hetro ceremony, only indicates how shallow it must be… Although I must say, at least there is the legal protection from relatives taking over the body, if a partner were to die...

What would happen in your case for instance, if Sam was to cark it...?

Christian – If the family took his body, it would save me a lot of time and energy

Mark – Haha... true that... But what about all his possessions and property...

Christian – Our relationship would end at the very moment he died, and nothing, nor anyone, would be able to change that fact.

I don't need his possessions, or property, I have enough shit of my own

Mark – That’s true, but you're covered in that regard, but many couples aren’t, and it could be absolutely horrendous for some couples...

Christian – I'd be very sad, and whatever went on around me wouldn't change the fact that I would miss him incredibly. Death is profound, the rest is just mere details.

Yes, but I think proper wills and legal documentation can cover that now a days.

Mark – No they don’t, that’s the problem... they could contest it...

Christian. 08:15am – I'm not sure marriage stops people contesting wills

Mark – Hmmmm... not sure about that…

Christian – I guess, if people are in a situation where it looks likely that their estate will be contested, and marriage would stop that, then they should get married, but they don't have to wear matching suits, with something borrowed and something blue


Mark – Aunty Wil died last night...😒

Christian – Oh. I liked Aunty Wil, she was straight forward, right down the line.

Mark – Yes exactly...

Christian – She is Debbie's mum?

Mark – Yes, she was a lovely person, very affectionate toward me... And yes, Debbie’s mum

Christian – She was nice to me too. She always reminded me of I Love Lucy’s sidekick, Vivian Vance

Mark – Released from the brain cage now

Christian – What? I've just been watching American Horror Story, and what you just wrote, I’m sure, has a very different meaning to what I took it to mean.

Mark – Alzheimer’s reminds me of an animal locked in a cage...

Christian – oh yes, that. I'll be really fucken cross if I go that way

Mark – I’ve ordered the pillow…

Christian – the subfocation pwillow?

Mark – Yis..

Mark 08:25 – I’ve had the experience of that stage of Alzheimer’s, when you can’t think how to think, it’s just horrible... being stuck in that place would just be horrendous, until you move past it, like my mum has...into blissful oblivion. But it won’t be long now, they’ve made some major breakthroughs apparently, just waiting for the trials to end.

Christian – Well, goodo. I want to be compos and gwumpy to the very end. You know, look into David's eyes as I take my last breath and say, "Dust, darling. Dust!”

Mark – Haha

Christian – Sam is up, we're taking the dogs to the dog park

Mark – Noice... enjoy... I have to go and do some shopping, eeuuugh... people... I just don’t want to go out the gate anymore... that’s bad isn’t it...?

Christian – No. I have to be forced to leave the house too. It is quite natural, shows you are smart

Mark – Haha... oh I must be a genius then....

Christian – You are

Mark – I love my relationship with nature, don’t need anything else. Cicadas and birds my kois, and my little water dragon keep me company...

No comments: