Saturday, January 20, 2018

Do You Think They Are Burning For Their Bigotry?

These hot days are extreme heat, string a couple together and it is a heat wave. It always makes me laugh, the hottest day since 2016, in other words, it was just a hot day. Is it global warming? Or is it summer? You’d never know with the way things are reported now a days, as everything now is a crisis, it reads better.

But that is really just a distraction. Do you think it is some sort of conspiracy theory, with the media organisations complicit, so as to milk us all for everything we are worth, now our inevitable end is in sight? But I digress.

Are we taking global warming seriously? I think we take it seriously for everyone else but, often not for ourselves… but, of course, that is human nature.

It is hard to argue with 2017 being the hottest year ever. And 2016 the second hottest. And 2015 the third hottest.

I don’t drive my car if can help it, as I think it is better for the planet, of course, I don’t have anywhere to drive to anymore now that I sit around on my fat arse and contemplate my navel, some may argue. My car is now 20 years old, I am resisting buying a new one, as I don’t drive the one I have. We all still want 4WDs, hang the cost. I don’t have air conditioning in my house, for environmental reasons, I don’t think we need it, a little heat never hurt anyone. I eschew consumerism, I recycle, I try to only buy what I really need.

We still want freeways built, we are still loathed to use public transport to get to work, if we can drive, that is. We are not inclined to give up our luxuries for planetary health.


Do you think there is an irony in the area that opposed gay marriage to the greatest degree, and that is Western Sydney, which is now posting record temperatures? Do you think they are burning for their bigotry? Maybe, the great gay sky fairy has put a curse on them? It makes as much sense as any of the religious nonsense that any of the religious types are yapping on about. You know, those same voices that are now demanding greater religious freedoms.

No comments: