Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Sightseeing

We went to the Eumundi Market. We managed to find a carpark in the main street, which Jill put down to my presence and my uncanny ability to find a convenient car park, not something I think is necessarily true. It is a vast market with many stalls. There were lots of handcraft stalls, it is a handcraft market after all, there was even a stall that only sold wooden bow ties. It was busy with people and obviously popular. It was hot, but there were plenty of shade trees which were nice. Jill bout a couple of dresses. Jill is an enthusiastic shopper always managing to find something to buy whenever we venture out. Later, when we were helping her pack up all her stuff.

“The problem is that I just have too many clothes.” She managed to sound somewhat surprised

“Well, I have seen you buy three dresses in two days, Jill.”

Raised eyebrows.

But, I’m not a shopper. You could blame it on my mother’s frugality, I guess. She always said, “Don’t waste your money on little things that you don’t need, then you can buy the best quality things you do need.”

I say, I just don’t need any more stuff. I have lots of stuff now that I don’t use or need. I have a house full of stuff, what more do I need?

We bought a new table runner for the coffee table, which we hadn’t been able to find travelling through Europe. We drank strawberry and passionfruit slurpies, not exactly slurpies, but you get the picture.

We headed to Noosa for lunch. The traffic was backed up heading into Noosa, so we dropped a u-turn and stopped just before Noosa, which I think was Noosa Heads, and ate a French bakery eating French cuisine, pate, salmon, and nicoise salad, the food was scrumptious, even if they didn’t seem so happy to give us some extra bread for our pate when we’d run out.

The traffic into Noosa had eased up after lunch, and we managed to find a parking spot in the main street, “You see, again,” said Jill, so we wandered down to the beach and walked in the warm, shallow water. There were lots of people on the beach, lots of beautiful girls and muscular boys, in nothing more than shorts, well, the boys were. You’ve got to love summer. There was one guy with very bad sunburn, the sight of which made me wince. He will certainly be feeling the pain tomorrow, I thought.

I expected Noosa to be over developed with high rise buildings, but it isn’t. It has a beachy village vibe with lots of trees in the township. Noosa reminded me a little of Port Douglas.

The roads are winding, and the surrounding countryside seems to be mainly untouched bush, which is really quite lovely, even if that makes all the roads look a little the same.

No comments: