Thursday, January 18, 2018

I'm Addicted to Ice Water

Don't you love the promise of a hot day. The prelude to it, the before. The mornings are cool, crisply cool, there is shade in the shadows. Night stretching into the day light hours.

Get things done in the morning, that's all there is for it, before the sun burns. 40 degrees for 2 days.

Pay bills early. Buy food for dinner first up. Cash Converters wasn't open at 9am. Get home.

I went out for lunch. Pad Thai with Sam. And iced water. I'm addicted to ice water though, 40 degrees, or not.

I only drink coffee, or water. A chick I worked with said to me once, "Well, that can't be true." I was taken back, at the time, as she said it like an accusation, she kind of verbally attacked me with it. It's nearly true, I thought, its more, or less, true. Then I thought, why would I say that, if it weren't true. Apparently, she couldn't believe that I didn't drink soft drink, coke and the like, which I don't, not really, no, I don't. Now it just makes me laugh now. "Well that can't be true!" I can still picture her rat face with its nose scrunched up. What the fuck did she care what I drank? Why would I lie to her? I didn't care if she lived, or died, quite frankly, what the hell did I care what she thought? People are weird.

Since meeting Sam, I do drink more juice and some coconut water, as he likes both of them and he does the shopping. That would give old “that can’t be true,” the ammunition she needs. What was her name? I think it is a good thing I can’t remember her name. It is good to clear the shit out of your life, it does you good. And she was shit. It wasn’t just that, she was a great source of negativity, some people just are. She was a right cow. (I love that expression) Her mother didn’t love her enough, he father was distant? It is always the parents, don’t you think? Bad parents, like bad dog owners, always to blame. There are no bad kids, like there are no bad dogs, just bad owners and parents.

When I am stoned, I drink a lot of tea, there is something about pot and tea, pun intended. Of course, the Millennials will be saying, “I don’t get it.” But as I don’t smoke much marijuana any longer, I don’t drink much tea, hardly any. But, left to my own devices, it would be water and coffee all the way.

Oh and, you shouldn’t drink iced water, it isn’t so good for you, you should always drink water at room temperature, but I like it with plenty of ice, it changes it, it makes it exciting. My last vice, ice… in my water. Living large.


No comments: