Friday, March 02, 2018

Phyllis Hyman

I sorted my Phyllis Hyman albums. I have a stack of her CDs, and there was some shit amongst it, which needed culling. Phyllis didn't really survive the 1980s cocaine hurricane. Rehab, overdoes, the full tragedy. She topped herself in 1995, but she hadn't done much for the previous few years, so, everything she's done is really 1980s stuff, and there is some really dated stuff amongst it.

But, her voice is phenomenal. (what is it with Philadelphia chicks?) She had a voice close to perfection. So it had to be done. Another morning gone. Her two last CDs (when she was alive) made the cut. A further 25 tracks made it through, so she did okay. 

Sam questions what I have been doing with my days?

I bought another Bob Dylan greatest Hits for $1, so I have got most of Dylan's hits for $2. Cheaper than iTunes. Remastered Greatest Hits are a better quality than downloads, so some of my my music mates tell me.

No comments: