Thursday, March 01, 2018

Bob Dylan for $1, While The Rest Of The Word Looks Sad

Sam messaged me not long after he'd left home to say he'd forgotten his work iPad and that I should take it to him. I had some new Bob Dylan music to listen to on my headphones, I found his greatest hits in a second hand shop for $1, which kind of felt like sacrilege, so why not.

It was raining lightly, of course. The roads were banked up with the morning traffic. Oh, so many cars. I looked at my watch, 8.15am, which, I guess, is right in the middle of the morning madness. There was anguish etched on every commuter's faces, even those free to walk looked grim and resigned. Ah, the peak hour misery was in full swing and suddenly I was in the middle of it, it kind of spins my head. I'm usually sitting back and reading the news drinking my second coffee when all of this is going on. 


And they all get to trudge off to work for reduced wages and longer hours thanks to the LNP government. The lucky country, indeed.

Wages are falling, as living expenses are increasing. People are being forced to work longer hours for less money, while every conceivable service turns into user pays. Medicare is cut. Pensions are cut. Welfare is cut, and those who are reliant on welfare are called bludgers of the worst kind by their very own government. Inequality is spiralling out of control.

And then, this Liberal Government wonders why there is increased crime and violent home invasions, never for a minute equating such things to their own policies.

So, what did I do? I came home and put Dionne Warwick on, what else was there to do.


No comments: