Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Rain On The Roof

The sky turns grey, the day darkens, and the rain comes down. It is kind of romantic on a Saturday, to be rained in with your boyfriend, if it is anything. Or is that nostalgic, memories of childhood, rainy weekends?

It makes a change from the weather we have been having. But it is summer, just gone. I don't think I can remember the last dark, rainy day that we had? 
Funny how quickly I forget. Is that seasonal amnesia? You know it happens every year? (Of course, you do) In summer, winter seems a life time away, and in winter, summer seems the same. I always think that is funny.

The weather has been glorious, blue sky every day, and sunshine, but no rain. It has been dry, but then again, it is the dry time of year.

Still, it is nice to hear the rain on the roof. Always nice. 
(I read somewhere that it has been 2 months)

It has been hot. Humid. Melbourne never used to be humid, but it can be humid now. I wonder why? Yes, why politicians in denial. It is, actually, nice to feel the cool, the cooling temperature, it makes a change. But then again, I guess it is going to be cool from now on in, until September, or thereabouts. Winter here we come. Today is a nice build up to it, cool but not cold. We’ll be having open fires soon enough, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I do need to order a wood delivery though.

It is just nice to feel the difference, the change. Not cold yet, however. We’re still wearing shorts and t-shirts, but that is coming to an end, I can feel it now. It will soon be over. Today is the first day I have felt it.


No comments: