Thursday, March 22, 2018

Pretty Boy Didn't Like My Attitude

10am. I headed to the bank to pay bills.

I went to Cash Converters and bought two T Rex tracks, a Steely Dan track and a Paul Kelly track on 3 CDs.

I was walking back up the side street to my street, there was road works and one footpath was blocked off, so I walked up the road itself. The roadworks guy said to me, “Can you please use this footpath.” He indicated what footpath I should use.

“Yes, sure,” I said. I kept walking up the road. 


He was a cute guy, nice face, red lips, sparkling eyes, manly type, short but manly, but, I guess, that is neither here, nor there.

The sun shone down brightly, the sky was a cloudless blue, he squinted, just a bit. (with that squint on, I could picture what his face would look like when he was jacking off)

He grumbled. “You acknowledged which footpath you should use, but then you didn’t use it.”

I turned back to face him, now walking backwards slowly. We faced off, he was clearly miffed to have his perceived authority flagrantly ignored. I thought he looked adorable. I smiled, I couldn’t help it. You are in the gay ghetto now, buddy, things work a bit differently here. I tried not to flirt with him. No, that’s not true, I unashamedly flirted with him.

“I think I can negotiate walking on the road.” I smiled. “Thank you.” I smiled again. “Anyway.” I stopped and pulled the attitude as if to say, what are you going to do about it. He had a role to fulfil and it was standing in that spot and directing people. He couldn’t leave his spot, he knew it, and I knew it. He had no real authority, he knew it, and I knew it.


My eyes slid down to his body, slowly. They slid back up again. That was deliberate, I know, bad me.

His pretty eyes blinked, as he tried to think of a reply. But what could he say. The bright sun reflected off his hiviz vest. He had sweat on his forehead just under his fringe.

I turned and walked away without waiting for his reply, I was uphill by now and it was unlikely that I would have heard it anyway.

He said something, I didn’t catch it. I don’t think I was meant to.

I laughed to myself, as I walked away from him. I wondered how much he would have given to see me run over right at that moment. I am sure a lot. It would have been funny, even I could see that. Instant karma and all that.

No comments: