Saturday, April 25, 2020

Attending To About My Aspidistras

I woke up at 8am. Three days into the weekend, ha ha. First day of the weekend for everyone. It is relaxing, cushioned by Sunday off as a barrier before Monday, so you can really kick off your shoes and completely forget about the salt mines for a day. I’m lucky, I can do that for three days, but most people only get one day.

I make coffee. I open up the Guardian.

I look at Facebook. Ah, what are the punters posting today? So much complaining, generally. Everybody talking, and nobody listening. I try to write something light, or funny, if I can manage it, making a change from all the angst and opinions that are better than “yours.” 

Of course, I am probably as guilty as anyone else. Let’s some conservative Christian justify their bigotry and watch me tell them what I think. It’s the same thing, huh? So, can I talk? Maybe not.

Sam was up at 8.50am.

I make more coffee, for both of us.


Covid safe: Australian government launches coronavirus tracing app amid lingering privacy concerns. The Covidsafe tracking app is part of the government’s strategy to identify, trace and isolate as it looks at life beyond physical distance restrictions

Anzac Day anti-lockdown protests occurred in the rural town of Trafalgar, Victoria. Trafalgar? Isn’t that famous as a turn in the highway? Is it?

Get a grip you fools, lockdown hasn’t been enacted just to annoy you, there is a good reason for it. Do you secretly hope, like I do, that the people who protest and complain the most about lock down, you know the ones, who never stop yapping on about what an injustice it all is, making our ears bleed, get covid and get really sick and teeter on the brink… and then recover? Does anyone else hope like that?


We ate English muffins with salmon, egg and hollandaise sauce. My favourite breakfast. Sam cooks, where often I cook breakfast, admittedly I usually only cook breakfast for myself. Generally, Sam doesn’t eat breakfast.


I was going to write on Facebook, after Trump’s suggestion to treat the Corona virus by injecting disinfectant, 

5 toothless Americans from ButtFuckNowhere die after drinking disinfectant.

But decided not to in the end. He’s not our president, after all. I think the less attention we all bring to the poisonous bag of shit, the better. We seem to be getting too caught up on him as a nation. No, really, we are. Just ignore the cunt, that’s what we should all be doing. Oh, except for Americans, they can’t afford to ignore him as he is destroying their country.


I re-wrote CJ novel draft all morning, January 2010. Josh is not really into gay marriage, or monogamy. He likes to play the field while also having a boyfriend as well. And, of course, as we all know, there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you choose a boyfriend who believes in the same thing.

We ate schnitzels and Japanese Curry for lunch.

The sun shone.


I have two large pots of aspidistras at my front door and when I look after them that are luxurious and beautiful and bold. A huge splodge of green colour against my brick red walls. Nice. When I don’t look after them some of the leaves can die off, really, spoiling the look. 

I cleaned out the dead leaves from the aspidistra pots on the front veranda making them nice again. You know, those beautiful green fronds that have turned into something that looks like brown paper. I suspect I’m not watering them enough. Funny, how I can walk past them every day and then suddenly there are dead leaves hanging out of the pots.

I kept re-writing CJ novel draft. I’m inspired. I feel inspired. I feel a certain momentum that I hope I can maintain. Imagine getting something finished. Something longer than a short story? Just imagine.

I did aerobics watching Aerobics Oz Style on YouTube. Boy aerobics instructors in those small shorts should inspire all the gay boys to bend, stretch and jump. (and swallow. Sly look) I only watch the boy’s video, but I guess that is hardly surprising me being a big poof. Oh, you know, the bulge in their shorts inspires me to keep going.

Sam’s been doing exercise with a ring, and he’s been pushing me to do something too.

We walked the dogs to the Carlton Gardens. People are always saying, “They are beautiful dogs.” And that’s because they are beautiful dogs, of course. I think people really are enchanted by Buddy walking off his lead. And Buddy loves people, where Bruno is a little more reserved. Buddy has no barriers to wandering up to people and saying hello. Hi. How are you all? He really is a social dog. Bruno, not so much.

We ate tomato pasta for dinner.

Then Saturday night TV is a bore, it’s the worst night for Teev. Get out there and mix with the people, that’s what Saturday night Tv is telling us. Go forth and mingle in bars and clubs and place where people mingle.


No comments: