Tuesday, April 28, 2020

I Lay On The Couch And Listened To The Rain On The Roof

6.45am. I was up. It was lighter, it was later. It’s nice, to be greeted by the expansive light instead of the usual restrictive dark. It’s nice to be up with the early morning bird call.

I’m up later? It’s a sleep in, I think, then I chuckle to myself. Okay, it’s not so funny, but you’ve got to take humour whenever you can, it’s good for the soul. Take it where you can, as the coffee machine boots up.

I made coffee and signed into work, you know, the usual morning drill. Get with the program, I say to myself. Stop thinking about things out loud… er… over thinking things, is what I was trying to say. Just ‘do’.

Emails actioned and answered. Loose ends tided up. Everything attended to that needed attending to. Woo… oh no, I can’t even say it, with figures and spread sheets, and… Hoo, there, I said it, are you pleased?

8.30am. I make more coffee when Sam is up. I’m loving this working from home. I am never going back to the office.

I read the Guardian and 9msn.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has declared Australia is "not too far away" from easing its coronavirus restrictions.

Key points:

Restrictions on some activities could be lifted next month

PM rules out international travel restarting "anytime soon"

National Cabinet meeting to discuss restrictions on May 11

Mr Morrison said Australia was "on the road back" to an economy safe from COVID-19 and that success could mean easing restrictions soon.

"You're already seeing that happen with many of the states and territories," he said.

But, Scott Morrison is an idiot, we all know that. He is only interested in governing for his political donors, you know, like all conservative politicians. They just want to rule for businesses, not the people. The have their eyes firm set on money, not humanity.

It was my deadline, everything should be done. I get to and pull it all together.

11.45am. My work was finished.

We ate Japanese pancake for lunch. I think it was the rest of the pancake batter from last night.

I looked at 1958 PA Vauxhall Crestas, online. (I had time to kill, clearly) I still want one. I love those cars, the ones with the unique 3 piece back window. But, I still need that warehouse, that should have been assigned to me at birth, to keep it in. To keep all my tatt in. The things I’ve had to turn down, or get rid of because I had nowhere to keep them, it is criminal. (Oh yes, I realise it is criminal on a 1st world kind of scale, but don’t interrupt 😬) My Cooper S. My Hillman California. Even my gorgeous 3500S Rover. I sold them all because I had nowhere to keep them. ☹️

At 2pm, I remembered the 1.50pm staff meeting. I was back at my work desk in the study quick as a flash. But, you know, they are all yapping so much they didn’t notice that I was late to log on. Oh, so much yap. Our big boss, the grand PooBah, loves a chat. Don’t get me wrong, he is a great guy, and a great boss, but he does like to talk.

3pm. Finally, I got the last of the expenses from Goong Chung. Jasus! Assistant financial accountant, my arse. I am going to hurry that boy up in future. (No, really, I'm going to pull his jocks down at the back and insert a pre-lubed fire cracker into his hairless sphincter) He’s just useless. He’s supposed to have the final paperwork ready at the latest at midday. Grrr.

I signed out of work at 4pm.

4.15pm. We took the dogs to the Carlton Gardens. The park is full of people exercising, all doing their allowed hour, I presume. So many people doing their hour?


We ate fried rice for dinner.

7.45pm. I fell asleep on the couch. Well, that’s what happens when you get up at 4am. (okay, I didn’t, actually, get up at 4am this morning, but I have been getting up early lately, and that’s what happens when you get up early)

9.45pm. I woke up. Bruno was barking, bulldog on guard. Grrrr! Oh, he hears something, it could be a possum in the tree outside the lounge room window. “Hey, little buddy, shhh.” (I mean that in the sense of little mate, but it works either way. He is, in fact, the little Buddy of the house, when you think about it)

It was raining. I lay on the couch and listened to the rain on the roof.


No comments: