Monday, April 27, 2020

New Art For The Wall

I was up at 6.30am. Back to work. Monday morning. My busy week, time to pull it all together. I make coffee and sign in to work. And get shit done. I focus and the time passes unnoticed, essentially.

Sam was up at 8am.

I fucked up big time this morning. I was doing a final upload to my two data basis, I got them wrong, so I went back to my backups to restore, and I’d managed to do two backups on the same database, instead of both, so the database for which I didn’t have a backup, I had to correct manually, entry by entry.

Grrr. My deadlines are looming. Coupla days, as they say. I’ve got to get it fixed, which I will,  I always do.

David called, he wanted to chat, I was flat out, and couldn’t talk.

We ate noodles for lunch.

A Grattan Institute report found the arts and recreation sector is among the worst-affected by the coronavirus shutdown.

Comedians have gone online to try and maintain their careers and income.

1.30pm. The guy delivered the two Keith Haring’s prints for over the fireplace. Yes, in the middle of the pandemic we found new art for the lounge room. I’d been looking for a while and nothing jumped out at me. Then Sam showed me two Keith Haring’s prints, Radiant Baby and Barking Dog, they are quite well known. I knew them but never considered them. 

I love them, to go either side of a large print we bought a few years ago of three old women, (that’s the best description I can give you) but with the current situation how would we get them?

The guy offered to deliver them. He wasn’t perturbed by the restrictions. Business is business, ay? I accepted. If he could deliver them, I’d buy them.

We met in the street, out the front of our place, socially distanced, masks on, that many rules we could follow. They look great, I think. The two pictures they replaced had been up on the wall for years. And I never really even liked them in the first place.

The old prints were so colourless, these look great in comparison.

David called, I was flat out.

I managed to get everything finished by 4.30pm. Phew! A bit late in the day, but it was what it was.

Shut it down. I’d worked long enough today.

4.30pm. We walked the dogs to the Carlton Gardens.

I called David. He bought the house in Gin Gin Crescent, Ocean Shores, know from hence forth as Open Sores. So, he can move away from the cold he hated so much. It is the end of the move to warmer climates project. It is the end of whinging about the cold. Oh so much whinging about the cold.

We ate Japanese pancakes for dinner. Cabbage and noodles with ham, and mushroom shavings covered in a strong brown sauce. they are great and really filling.


No comments: