Friday, April 17, 2020

Sent Out To Get Lunch

I was up at 6.20am. 

Bruno and Buddy had swapped beds, so Bruno was on the other side of Buddy and not nearly as accessible as he normally is, but I soon got Bruno up and heading downstairs. Buddy snored on.

They like to swap beds in the night, there is nothing unusual about that really. Their big memory foam beds, side by side, they look like little bugs in a big lily pad as they sleep. Do you like that?

Sam told me to drink apple cider vinegar because I had, apparently, been clearing my throat constantly during the night. But, apple cider vinegar now removes the protection my sensitive teeth tooth paste coats my teeth and they become really sensitive if I take apple cider vinegar.

I don’t think Sam really believes me.

“They are my teeth,” I tell him. “I should know.”

He gives me that look that he gives me when he doesn’t think I am trying hard enough.

“I would take it,” I say. “I used to take it long before I met you, but now I can’t.

“I see,” he says.

I’m pretty sure he is not convinced by my argument and that he thinks I am just being slack. Moi?


I frittered the morning away. You know, as I do. Waste my life with skilful alacrity. Would I call it positive alacrity? Oh, I guess I would, but would anyone else? Ha ha. That is the million dollar question, now isn’t it.

Sam worked. Eyes glue to his computer screens as all good programmers do.

Sam sent me out to get lunch because I wasn’t working and he was. Fair enough? I guess. Ha ha.

I walked to Marion and bought salami pizza from the (hip, or at least trying to be) French Boulanger (dark wood, white uniforms) for lunch. I tried to pay with cash.

“Oh no, we don’t take cash anymore,” said the, apparently French, boy dressed in white, behind the counter.

“We’re taking it all a bit too fucking seriously, aren’t we?” (Oh, I don’t know why I was so cranky? I’d go with the accent and the earnestness)

“Oh, we take it very seriously,” he said in his French accent. Faux, or otherwise, as I slid my card through the machine. (Oh, fuck off, I think)

I bought two chocolate cookies thinking they would most likely be a huge disappointment and they were delicious. (Not good for me and my waistline to find an establishment that makes delicious cookies)


I wrote my lock down novel draft, CJ, all afternoon. It's about a group of guy friends, gay and straight. I really feel I might get this one finished. Actually, get a whole draft finished. That would be incredible. I can feel my enthusiasm increase the more I write it.

4pm. We walk the dogs to the Carlton Gardens. Then it is once around the outside of the green, green grass fields, Bruno on his lead, Buddy not. The sun shines through the tall trees throwing long shadows across the paths. Buddy waits in the middle of the path up ahead for me as I take photos.

5pm. We’re walking home.

We ate laksa for dinner. I really like it. It is one of my favourite meals.


No comments: