Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sundays Are Bittersweet

Sundays are bittersweet. They are a day off, a do as we like day, and the laziest day of thew weekend historically, but they are also the last day of the weekend, an indication the weekend is coming to its conclusion, and that work day Monday is rearing its ugly head.

I was up, or at least, Bruno woke me at 6.50am waiting at the bedroom door. It looks like there was a beautiful sunrise.

I make coffee.

My tinnitus is bad right from when I get up.

I read the news. I read about Jane Fonda. I think she is great, I always have. (Is that very gay?) I think she has had enough plastic surgery.

I look at Facebook. I listen to Madeleine Albright on Donald Trump. She is scathing. I’d be scared of her.

Sam is up at 8.30am. He makes oats with peaches.

I continue to re-write CodaJosh.

Sam finally opens his new iPad, after saying he is going to open it constantly for a week.

I now have his old iPad. Nyr. I’m not one for iPads, I don’t know why, they are just not my thing. If you can have a laptop, why would you bother with an iPad? I ask you?

The sun shines.

11.30am. We are taking the dogs for a walk. We walked up Gertrude Street to the Carlton Gardens. There were a lot of people out and about, mostly exercising, it would seem. 

There were people lying on the grass motionless. An older couple walking was enchanted with Bruno and Buddy rolling in the grass. “They are beautiful dogs,” the lady said.

“Thank you,” we replied

We walk back down Moor Street to Woollies, cutting a swath right through Fitzroy, dissecting it right through the middle. 

I go into Woollies because I need to buy muesli ingredients. It is almost impossible to socially distance in the supermarket. My home made muesli, I love it. I can’t imagine starting the day off any other way. I make it myself so as to be certain there is no added sugar. But you put all kinds o fruit into it, cranberries, sultanas, goji berries. I know. It has to be nice, doesn’t it?

1.15pm. We’re back from the dog walk and the supermarket visit.

We ate Japanese pancake for lunch. We ate lunch late.

Buddy and Bruno are lying side by side on the carpet, as they often do. The two of them are just too cute together. I get so much joy watching the two of them together, not something, of which, I was really aware when we got Bruno.

I rewrote my lockdown novel draft, code named CJ, all afternoon. I’ve written it in years as a loose structure, so I am re-writing the first 6 months of 2019, expanding it, trying to make it as interesting as I can.

The main character is Josh, he’s gay. He lives in Melbourne with his handsome straight brother. He has boyfriends and open relationships. There is lots of sex, naturally.

We ate noodles for dinner.


No comments: