Thursday, April 16, 2020

Doing More?

7.25am. I’m up with Bruno taking him outside for a wee. He’s a good boy, he’s really compliant.

I make coffee.

8.50am. Sam is up.

I make more coffee.

I watch to YouTube all day, while Sam worked. I love YouTube, I can spend my life watching it. 

I vacuumed, because Sam has been nagging me to vacuum. We clearly have different levels at which we feel vacuuming is necessary, but I do it none the less.

Maybe, Sam has a point? Hey? Oh, no, never admit to that. Jasus, what are you thinking? That would be the end of life as I know it? Ha ha, do you like that? I could be doing something much, more… um, beneficial? Interesting? Worthwhile? Achieving? Oh, dear god, (do you like the way I use that ironically?) what happened to having just a little bit of fun?

It’s my day off.

Where is my day off, says Sam.

Work 3 days a week and you too can take Thursdays off too. I mean, I was trying to funny, really, I was, but maybe it didn't come off as humours as...

He just looked at me.


I ate noodles for lunch. Sam ate a Japanese pancake which was left over from last night.

We ate chips and drink tea in the afternoon, for afternoon tea. Highly underrated is the afternoon tea. I loved all of my old born in England aunts, they all understood the value of the tradition afternoon tea. Lovely.

It almost makes me want to make some shortbread on my day off. 

4.15pm. We take the dogs for a walk. Once around the Carlton Gardens and then home again. I have a scratchy throat just as we are leaving the house, which causes me to cough. And cough some more. I continue to cough on the walk.

“You are going to scare the hell out of people if you keep doing that,” said Sam. You know, in this era of lock downs.

And when I continue to cough.

“We should go home,” says Sam.

5.23pm. We are getting home from walking the dogs. There was an APR Golf parked in our street just down the street from our place. And while I am very interested in GTI Golfs, I didn’t know what that was. I’d never seen one before?

What is APR in golf?

Founded in 1997, APR is the global leader in performance aftermarket products for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, and other vehicles.

Sam has an online body corporate meeting for his place, which is great because I don’t have to be a part of it. I’ve always driven him in the past because Sam doesn’t drive. He tried to get me to be a part of it, and was seemingly annoyed when I refused. WFT? I thought. Seriously, the one time I don’t have to attend one, I am not going to.

We ate Korean instant noodle for dinner.

 

No comments: