Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Buying CDs in Lockdown

I was up at 6.30am.

I make coffee.

I was at my desk at 7.30am. Let me see what the world of law has bought to my inbox? What could there be today?

I quickly get all the work done that I have to do. It doesn’t take all that long, certainly, I am finished what I have already by 9am

Bruno and Buddy cuddle up together on the couch.

I make breakfast and I make more coffee.

I pulled together 5 tracks by Duffy, tracks she has done since her previous album. I am getting a Duffy mixed tape together. (Electronically stored collection and nothing to do with a cassette you understand)

I got Sam to buy me another CD from Ebay which has Duffy’s Stay With Me Baby on it.

I have so many CDs immanently about to arrive from purchases I have made on eBay. I love eBay. I am adding to my music collection all the time. (Some may question this when I have an Apple Music subscription. Oh well, what can I say, there is nothing like owning them myself)

12.30pm. We had lunch from the bakery over the road. Sam went out and got it. He never seems to be too convinced about their food. He gets big filled rolls which we cut in half.

It is my quiet week, no fortnightly deadline. I can luxuriate in that, somewhat, the gentle wash of hours that are my own. My work life is my own, if only for today. I’ll think about tomorrow when it comes.

I hope lock down never ends. It is my preferred way of living. No, seriously, it is.

I fished at 4.30pm. Sign out. Done for the day. Good night dear lawyers, good night, keep working hard, so I can continue to get paid.

We took the dogs for a walk. Gertrude Street > Napier Street, past the dog park which Buddy always wants to cross over to > Westgarth Street > and home.

We had leftover vermicelli noodles for dinner.

I rearranged my Adele live album, a collection of live tracks from deluxe albums, split up into their very own live collection. I delete the repeated tracks that I have and buying one more live track to add to it. You have got to like electronically stored albums.

We watched Ozark. Great show, one of my very favourites.

Sam went to bed at 10.30pm.

I went to bed when I’d finished watching the 3rd episode of Ozark.

 

No comments: