Friday, April 09, 2021

Funny The Things You Think Of

When I was a teenager, I had a large, black purse-like wallet. I had a couple of them during my teenage years. What a gay little fuck I must have been. 

It wasn’t until I was a man, that I got a man’s wallet, which I stuck in my back pocket for the first time. That’s what guys do, after all. I remember how weird it felt at first, but it felt manly, I remember the feeling. That didn't happen until I was at least twenty. I’ve carried it in my back pocket ever since.

Funny the things you think of over breakfast.

Oh, I was a gay cliché of a kid though. I didn’t like football. I went to a primary school before I went to a private school in grade 4. It was at the primary school that I thought the boys were too big and tough for me to play football with them, so that must have been grade 3, at the latest, so how old was that? 8 years of age. I thought 8 year olds were too big and tough for me.

My sister was my best friend. I played with her the most. We were equally at home playing with my matchbox cars as we were playing with her dolls.

I hung out with girls at school. I got my boy school mates to take off their pants on a regular basis, which they all did more than willingly, if I remember rightly.

I hung out with my girl cousins on holidays rather than my boy cousins, about which my uncle questioned. I didn’t dare tell him that I hung out with his daughters because they were the ones who’d go up the beach and smoke with me, but that being said, my uncle did have a point. I did hang out with the girls.

And I carried my money around in a big black purse. Well, it wasn’t a purse, as such. It was one of those big leather wallets, big enough to keep dollar notes in without folding them.

All my aunties called me handsome. All my uncles questioned my masculinity. How do you turn out after that, do you reckon?


No comments: