Sunday, April 04, 2021

Sunny Sunday

It was a gorgeous day, the weather was lovely, shorts and t-shirts. We took the dogs to the park. Bruno bounced an Italian Greyhound and the precious owner took his Italian Greyhound home. (Italian Greyhound owners are often as precious as their Italian Greyhounds) Bruno was just being boisterous, as bulldogs often are.

We went into the city to meet up with a guy from eBay who was selling Sam a game. I don’t know what, I’m not much of a gamer. Never could quite see the attraction. I've tried and failed much to Sam's disappointment.

I went to JB and looked at DVDs and CDs, while Sam was doing the deal, but JB didn’t have any sales on so I lost interest pretty quickly. Oh, they had buy 2 and get a 3rd free, but that’s not a price reduction, that’s a con designed to make you buy more.

Then we had haircuts. It’s always nice to have a haircut. There was a queue like in lockdown times, so we sat and waited. I hate queuing for things, really I do, but there just seems to be more and more queues for things. Is it a sign that capitalism is failing us? It is a sign that capitalism is far more interested in the dollar than the customer, that is for sure. Capitalism used to be about the most efficient way of exchanging goods and services, but not anymore.

No Easter eggs for us, nah, not a one. Still, it is what easter is all about, let's face it. Chocolate and a day off, that is what Easter is. I'm not sure why the news services pretend otherwise?

Sam and I just don't. Not Xmas, not birthdays, not Easter. Yeah, sure, my small child within wonders if we are missing something, but my sensible adult tells me it is the obvious thing to do.

And still another day off tomorrow, that is the true miracle of Easter, 4 days off work. 


No comments: