Saturday, April 10, 2021

Game Over

A guy slammed Bruno's head in his gate violently one day when Bruno tried to follow him into his yard in an every-thing-is-new absentminded puppy kind of way. We were following the guy up the street, he opened his gate and proceeded to walk through, Bruno proceeded to follow him, the guy realised Bruno was following him, and suddenly he was bang, bang, bang, banging his gate on Bruno’s head to stop Bruno from following him through the gate, before I could pull Bruno out of harm’s way. Who slams a 14 week old’ish puppy’s head in a gate to stop him getting into their yard. Seriously? What kind of demented fuck…

I managed to pull Bruno away, and the guy slammed his gate shut, which was a tall gate, so he disappeared out of view.

Well, I have been dropping bags of pooh on his step ever since that encounter. It is a tall gate right on the street, coming through the gate one would not, necessarily, see the bag of pooh until one had stepped on it, well, that has always been my theory. Hope.

Anyway, he is moving out of the house. 

Well, there's s thing. That was a good game, I thought, as I watched the removalists carry out his possessions, as Bruno and I walked passed.

I wondered if I should walk up and down the street ringing a bell exclaiming, “The devil dog hater is leaving us, three cheers for the riddance of the evil,” or some such thing. (I chuckled to myself)

I'd like to think that my pooh bag deliveries have had something to do with his decision to move out, wouldn't that be fun.

Still, it was a good thing I walked passed today and saw he was moving out, I'd hate to have continued dropping bags of pooh on the new resident's front step. No, I wouldn’t want to do that.

(Hmmm, it did make me think. I have no idea if he had already moved out, really, if the truth be known, if on this occasion, he is gone in a day, and I stumbled across his going almost by accident)

Still, ring that bell, the dog hater is (certainly) gone (now).


No comments: