Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Back To Exercising

So, 10.30am this morning I decided that I’d better get to it and go for a bike ride (my preferred form of exercise) to kick start the hour of exercise per day that I now have to do, apperently, until I die. So, I got ready and was about to leave when I remembered about my bike helmet.

I was in a shop the other day, and I put my bike helmet on a shelf while I looked at the merch. I chose what I wanted, paid for it, and was about to walk out to my bike when I remembered my bike helmet. 

When I went to get it, it was gone. I asked the shop keepers if they had moved it and they both laughed.

“It’s gone,” said the girl shop keeper.”

“What?” I quizzed.”

“Stolen,” said the boy shop keeper.

“What?” I remember my voice going up in pitch.

“Never put anything down in here,” said the girl shop keeper.

“It will be pinched in a heartbeat,” said the boy shop keeper.

(It was like a double act, I was just waiting for them to start finishing each other’s sentnces)

“But it was old.”

“That doesn’t matter,” said the girl shop keeper.

“Really not good for anyone.”

“They don’t care,” said the boy shop keeper.

I have a really big head, and I had to go to a specific shop that stocks big sizes to get it. I can’t just get a helmet in any bike shop. It is annoying. I was annoyed.

So, I went for a walk in the park. It was quite lovely. It was a grey, breezy kind of day, just how I like them in which to walk. The leaves were falling from the trees constantly like snow, the world was seemingly all yellow and green. 


No comments: