Wednesday, April 14, 2021

More Than Winter Is Coming

The weather gets crazier every year, what the scientists have said will occur due to climate change is occurring before our very eyes and still the politicians do nothing, and still the people vote them back into office, seemingly more interested in tax cuts than surviving this millennium, so it would seem. 

What can you say, the people are more interested in driving 4WDs than the future of their children? (Why have children? But, I guess, that is a whole other topic) The denial runs deep in this version of the human race? Essentially, most of the population is stupid? What are we conspiracy believing, science denying, celebrity fawning, fools. (It is really the only thing that explains Trump, he’s off the teli)

Oh, it’s going to be a shit fight when we have to pass draconian laws to save our sorry arses. Can’t people see that? Even then, you can see it, can’t you, the denials and recriminations will still be greater than the action? Oh, yes, I can see it.

I was just pleased to have a cool summer, I don’t much like the heat anyway. Oh, I love a sunny day as much as the next person, but not those run of 40 degree days, I can do without that. (And just to emphasis the depth of our denial, people would rather install air-conditioning, than climate change sympathetic politicians) But, does it add to the false sense of security under which we are all seemingly labouring. The cool summer is the aberration people due to La nina, or La nino, or whatever it is called. (I always imagine an Italian soccer player with good legs in white shorts when I hear La Nina/Nino, but perhaps that is just me)

I heard some commentator say the other day, “What is going on? Drought. Wild bush fires. Pandemic. And now floods? What is going on with the weather?”

All I could think was, Hello? The scientists have been telling us for at least 20 years. Why do we not get it? Is it laziness, hard to believe? Or denial, more believable. Or is it that the cashed up vested interests have better marketing teams. Most likely. But, here’s the thing, what do the vested interests, who are working against climate policies, think is going to happened to them in the end? That’s the weird part. I can understand them wanting to make money at everybody else’s expense, that is the history of the human race, almost inherent in human nature, but climate change is going to get us all in the end, it is not like those with the most money are going to escape it in the end.

[And then my brian (oh, that is my favourite spelling mistake) starts to go la la la, too hard, and I start looking on the internet for 20 something year old Italian soccer players with good legs]


No comments: