Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Days Like These

Wednesday. Hot day. Shorts and bare feet all day. It was the kind of heat where the shadows become something precious. Just pull back from the sun's rays, just like that.

We ate chicken teriyaki for lunch after which I broke out a fan.

I worked in the morning and watched YouTube in the afternoon, lying on the couch, that was how busy I was. It was a lovely day.

I like days like these, working, or not.

I'm sure it is a sign of my efficiency, I get everything assigned to me done, quite easily. No one really asks me if I need more work, I don't really ask for any. Boris can stump up more for me to do, if she wants to, that is her job after all. I'm her staff. She is my manager.

I, actually, find I have an infinite capacity for extra work, if I need to.

Should I be asking for more to do? No. Some down time is good for all of us.

What is wrong with watching YouTube when I have all of my work done, I ask you? Nothing, is the answer. Workers don't have to be slaves 100% of the time.

Last day of the week for me. And my weekend starts.


No comments: