Monday, January 09, 2023

Working From Home

I messaged Boris early to say I wouldn't be in the office today. I didn't bother mentioning the Covid exposure thing, as I didn't want to be appearing to be justifying my absence.

Let's face it, I didn't put up a strong enough argument, however many months ago it was, for working from home permanently. I just caved and headed back into the office like a good boy when I was told. This was a late argument against that.

Boris messaged back, okay.

Oh, I don't really want to resign over this, I just want to continue working from home, it is so much better than going into the office. You know, today I am in shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet. It's great.


I whinged to Jill about having to go back to the office one day per week. She replied, "Don't you have money in superannuation?"

"Yes, sure."

"Well, the big superannuation companies own all those high rise buildings in the city..."

"Yes, I know."

"Well, don't you want your superannuation to do well?"

Sometimes I forget that Jill, is a right winger. And often it is a surprise all over again when she trots out right wing garbage.

I managed to resist saying, Oh, fuck off to her. "Are you serious?" I said. "Of course you are serious."

"Well?"

"Wow. The workers have found a new way of working, and, again, big business wants to piss all over them in the name of profits. There is more to life, Jill? Seriously."

"Well, you can't have both..."

"Only a deluded Fox News watcher would come out with that," I said. "You can have both, of course you can have both."


No comments: