Saturday, January 07, 2023

Jill Calls To Tell Us

Jill called to say that her cruise buddy Jane had tested positive for covid. In fact, Jane had tested positive on the boast but hadn’t told anyone because she didn’t want to be consigned to her cabin on the cruise. She had mingled with the other guests on the cruise, she had shared a car home with Jill yesterday morning all without wearing a mask when she knew she had Covid. Really, some people?

"I hope the selfish bitch ends up in ICU on a ventilator, if I get it," I say.

"Well," says Jill at my sudden outburst.

"Oh, I don't mean that..."

"She is pretty sick at home," says Jill.

"Well, there you go," I say, not really trying to hide my... um, what would I call it? Schadenfreude.

Jill had taken a test this morning which was negative. "I'll keep you posted if there are any developments," said Jill.

You know, David is coming tomorrow. He's come down to work over the next few days. I was guessing I had to tell him?

Seriously, selfish people. What goes through some people's minds?


No comments: