Monday, January 23, 2023

Doctor Doctor

I text Boris early. "I'm working from home today." Yeah, sure it is all a part of my not wanting to conform to my work's back to the office regime. Fuck them!

But, I also have an ulterior motive too. Last Thursday, I had my annual blood test, which was kind of late, because I kind of knew what it was going to say.

Fat doctor Mathew messaged me Friday saying I was to book a double appointment immediately to discuss my blood tests. A double appointment, immediately, I suspected he was some what of a drama queen when we had our consultation.

Remembering, he hadn't seen me before, so, you know, perhaps her drama was justified? Doctor, doctor, doctor! and all that.

I called right on my clinic's opening time grab one of the cancelled appointments - there is always cancelled appointments - with my normal doctor, which I did. If you make a normal appointment it can take weeks to get in. Today...

"10.30am?"

"I'll take it."


So everything was good, except for my recalcitrant sugar levels, which were bad. And he has put me on tablets, which I suspected he would. All done with in the time frame of a single appointment. 

(Calm down fat Mathew, it will all be fine)


I have had buzzing feet for the longest, I am hoping that will stop with the pills.

It all makes kind of sense. Our bodies lose the ability to match insulin production with sugar levels, so the insulin production goes into an overdrive situation. (I hope I haven't bastardised this explanation too much?) The pills helps the body to recognise um, er, sugar levels, or inulin production, or something. I swear I listened to the explanation. 

Anyway, hopefully the buzzing feet will stop. 


No comments: