Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Are The People Of This Planet Just Getting More and More Stupid?

I have to stop watching American politics now. It used to have some comic element to it, the obese orange buffoon gave me a laugh, to an extent. That narcissistic idiot said what? His toothless supporters claimed what? But now it is looking more like American may actually vote Hitler in as president, it is just tragic, especially now the religious right infected supreme court has ruled in favour of some sort of immunity for this dishonest megalomaniac.

I don’t know why the population has ditched all critical thinking? I blame it, perhaps, on air pollution, too many of us and not enough oxygen to go around. It is baffling why people fall for the lies of conservative governments, even here, how many people actually believe that Dutton is going to build even one nuclear reactor. Some huge number of Australian’s are in favour of a nuclear industry, when the only reason Dutton has announced it is because it is a slightly more subtle way to denounce climate change and to extend the life of fossil fuels.

There will never be a nuclear reactor built in Australia. Dutton is lying to you.

I do wonder now if the general population understands that climate change is going to kill all of us, not just the poor. And now it is going to happen sooner than later.

In England, they might vote that lizard Nigel Farage into a position of power, the guy who wrecked their country with Brexit.

In France, the far right has a good shot at power, apparently. And we all know how the far right has worked out for Europe previously.

Why are the populations on this planet voting for politicians who are not going to govern in the population’s best interests?

It is beyond me, really.

Anyway, I think I am now going to disconnect from the world of politics. I don’t think I can continue to watch the human race disappearing down the shit hole mostly by its own doing.

So, I'm going to write some stories and write some poems and hope that when I start choking to death on the poisoned atmosphere of this planet, it won't take too long, or be too painful, to die.


No comments: