Friday, July 26, 2024

Good Idea

Today? I don't know. I worked all day. End of the week. A week I am happy came to the end. Bring on the weekend, I say.

I don't want to work full time any more. And, it's my first week. 2nd week? Piss weak, I know. Although, working from your hospital bed doesn't put the week in a good light, admittedly.

Anyway, I don't have to go to the office for at least 8 weeks. My big boss is talking about getting a temp in, to do Boris' role. He's just talking about enquirinng, getting a back up plan in place.

"I just don't want to put any more the pressure on you, Christian."

"I'm fine, big pooh bah," I said.

"You don't need any more pressure, though."

"I'm fine."

"Yeah, but."

I guess he has to ensure all the wheels keep turning, no exceptions. I started to get my back up. Seriously? I can do it. But only for a second. Then I was... um... erm... ah? What are you thinking, I told myself. Idiot. This is your escape.

So, now, I'm thinking get a temp. Good idea. And I can put my feet up. I never wanted to do it in the first place. I was just helping Boris out.

 

No comments: