Wednesday, July 31, 2024

It's Cold

Wow! It's freezing this morning. I thought the weather girl with the nasal voice said warmer days were on the way? Well? Where are they?

I'm sitting here eating my breakfast toast and drinking my coffee, hugging a bulldog, who is keeping me warm. He's lovely and toasty in my arms. My four-legged hot water bottle. I sit on the floor at my coffee table and he just naturally fits in my arms.

Our floor heating hasn't been working, and I have been meaning to get it fixed, but haven't as yet got around to it. Oh, stupid me. At night we have a fire so it doesn't matter, but on these cold mornings, there is no heating. And on these super cold mornings, it is really cold. I must get onto it, but, you know, it is one of those things I tend to think of when it is cold, and then when the cold passes it just kind of goes out of my head. Is that what we call human nature? I don't know?

In the mean time, I'll just hug Bruno. He is the perfect size to wrap up in my arms and keep me warm.

Wow! It is really cold.


I listened to Bob Dylan all day.


The sun came out, but it remained cold. I quite like those bright, sunny cold days though.


No comments: