Monday, July 01, 2024

Monday Morning.

6am. I am ready to leave for the office. No, I am not that eager, I wake up early anyway. If I go in now, I get several hours without having to put up with people, and then I leave early so again I have several hours I can avoid my colleagues.

I'm sitting in front of the fire with Milo purring in my lap, the bulldogs are still in bed, they are not early risers, and Milo is getting some love when he can get it. I can hear the rain falling outside, and it is at this exact moment that I curse having to go into the office, more than I normally curse about going to the office. 

Why do I have to go out in the rain, when I can work just as well from home? Grrrrr.

Why do I have to push my happy cat off my lap just to satisfy the ego of managers running businesses?

Seriously?

Fuck them, that's what I think.


I catch the tram in the dark. What a miserable bunch of cunts, I think, as I gaze down the tram at the sad, cold faces, with headphones and smart phones to protect them from the real world. I chuckle to myself at the thought. It’s all puffer jackets and beanies and crossed arms and grimaces.

In the office, the first email I receive is from an employee I like to call Ms OCD. I close it. Life is too short for that shit.

I get out my headphones and switch on some music.

I go and make some coffee.


No comments: