Sunday, June 30, 2024

Sunday Lunch

The rain continues to fall for most of the morning. Around midday we pick our moment and we walk to Lygon Street to get takeaway Indonesian food.

We walk to the gardens with our neighbour Jackson Wag, he's off to the football. He veers off at the gardens and heads into the city.

We keep walking. The sun shines a bit, in fact, when the grey clouds part the is really warm, and with the cool breeze, the day is quite nice. 

We meet up with a greyhound, which the owner says is a bit snappy. I wonder if it is going to bit Bruno's face, with the owner repeating that often repeated line, "She's never done that before." Otto and the greyhound play for a bit until Otto gets over excited and does a somersault and lands on his back.

We're in Lygon Street at midday. The food doesn't take very long and we are heading home. Sam buys us some sweeties to eat after our main meal. 

"Lovely," I say.

As we turn to leave, two cute guys ask, "Can I pat your bulldogs."

You can pat anything you like, I think. "Yeah, sure," I say.

"They are big boys," one of them says.

You can guess what I thought.

We meet up with a Cavalier at Rathdowne Street. The dogs all sniff arses on one side of the pedestrian crossing.

We meet up with a lesbian neighbour, Cathy Carter, and her posse of women and babies. Cathy and I used to party together years ago. I'm always surprised about how fat she has got whenever I see her now. I wonder if she thinks the same about me?

As soon as we get home and start eating, the rain starts to fall again.

Good timing, hey?


No comments: