Saturday, June 29, 2024

Saturday

It's a rainy Saturday, so you can understand how pleased I was to see that the fire from last night was still hot with red coals as I ate my Vegemite toast and drank my coffee for breakfast. So, I slapped on a few sticks, in between bites of toast and sips of coffee, and it was burning with flames in no time.

I'm on the couch, I pull the big pink blanket over me, the one we keep on the couch for those nights when we don't build an open fire, and then Bruno comes and sits right up against me and I am starting to sweat. But, you try and teach a bulldog about personal space.

Oh, too much, I suddenly think, I have to throw the blanket off. Phew! Bruno hold firm, of course. He gives me that look that says, What? I was beginning to feel as though I was being engulfed in my own vapours. Oh, yes, I wear thermals under my track pants around the house in winter, then I never worry about the cold. I think I need to go and take them off now.

Otto has been really feisty this morning, you know, like how puppies are.

Bruno has been cuddly. Up close and personal cuddly.

We ate pies for lunch, which are such a rainy day kind of lunch. Comfort food on a grey day. Just what the universe ordered.

Winter is funny, I don't really feel the cold, and I hate to be over-heated, which I often feel in winter with overheated houses, more so than I feel in summer. I often think that is funny.

Then it was screens on the couch for the rest of the day as the rain fell outside.


No comments: