Friday, June 21, 2024

Heading Out Into The Cold

Fuck, it's cold today. 

We changed internet service providers and the internet has been dropping out intermittently ever since.

Now, we are off to pick up a WiFi router to prop up our WiFi system so as to lessen the dropping out.

"But, the internet provider is different to our WiFi?" I suggested.

"I think the changed provider has drawn attention to the problems with our WiFi system, which is now using old technology."

"Old technology, you say?" Remember, Sam is a gadget nerd. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," says Sam. "It will smooth out the system, fill in the problem areas where the signal runs thin." These are my words, and not exactly what Sam said, but my interpretation.

Something about our house being tall at the front and long out the back, or, um, something, oh, I don't know. Sam never explains things very well, it's as if he has to keep the secret code of IT professionals, or something. You know, I wouldn't understand because I am a finance guy. Anyway, we have a new gadget which pleased Sam.

Now, we are going for a walk in the cold to pick it up.

And then, at the very mention of taking a walk in the cold, the sun came out all nice and bright. Lovely.


No comments: