Sunday, June 09, 2024

Wet Sunday

Sunday. It is raining. We fed the dogs and I took Bruno out the front for a wee, as he usually likes to go for a walk out the front once he has eaten. I was surprised to see the rain, when I opened the door. I think Bruno was surprised too. We both stood there and gazed out at the wet day, side by side, for a time. Two faces at the open door. I think we'd have looked pretty cute together peering out on the day side by side in the doorway.

Eventually, Bruno looked at me, and I looked at him. His expression said, I'm not going out there.

"I agree, bud."

But, he hadn't had a wee since before going to bed last night, so I grabbed the handle on his harness and walked him to the gate, which I opened with my other hand and then I manoeuvred him out onto the footpath. He lifted his leg against our front wall and pissed for the longest time.

"See," I said.

He looked at me as if to say, I feel better after that. He gave a dog shake and then I followed him back inside.

I've been on the couch ever since.

Bruno headed back upstairs to bed.


No comments: