Wednesday, July 17, 2024

I Love The Smell of Coffee In The Morning

I got up early before anyone else and I made some coffee. I actually love getting up before anyone else and making some coffee and having that part of the day to myself. Bliss.

Then, I saw I had no bread for my toast, so I went to the bakery, which opens early, 6am, and got some bread. Nice to see smiley cute/ugly guy in the mornings.

When I came back into the house, the smell of coffee was strong as soon as I walked in. I think that is my favourite smell in the world, freshly brewed coffee.

I think that is why I love waking up in the civilised cities of Europe, the smell of coffee invading my senses on those lovely, gorgeous, early mornings. European cities have a particular smell in the mornings.

Ah, it is the best smell. That gorgeous fucken smell. It is home. It is life. It is family. It is neighbourhood. It is the greatest smell in the world. I could follow it to the end of the world, and back, and have, of course.


No comments: