Thursday, August 25, 2005

All That in There

I woke up to Tim banging on my bedroom door. "Come on, come on, it's eight thirty," he said. "Do you want me to put your coffee on?"

"What?" I rubbed my face. "Er... no... I can manage." Daytime. 8.35. Shit!


An old Greek lady got on the tram all dressed in black; a face with lines that told of a long smoking history and eyes that were watering, surrounded by big circles of wet, spreading across her lined face. My eyes started to itch, as I gazed at her. I didn't want her to touch me. She looked tired and sad, as she clutched her blue, red and white shopping bag tightly.

Then a big, solid wog-boy got on in pale blue track suit pants and my attention was lost. My goodness, I thought. How do you suppose he got those... around that... like that? Very nice.


(Leah)

Hey, by the way, you know how I gave you my novel to read? You didn't read it, did you? Don't read it. I must be mad sending you that. You can read it when there is a completed draft. I must stop sending people stuff that isn't up to being read.

Christian


Remember, I couldn’t open it I tried it on the work and home computer- thought the work one may have snaffled it coz of dirty words and maybe it was too big for home computer – yet ours is pretty beefy??

Anyway I would love to read it – when you are ready. I am also going to send you the 5 people you meet in heaven book – I will do that.

Have a good day sweetie xx

Leah


Good. I'm glad of that.

Don't you worry, you'll be one of the people I'll be counting on to read it... but when it's ready.

Big smile.

Christian


Tonight, Sylvia Romero and Tim’s friend Anna McCormack, who I never recognise, were here. I talked a bit, was on my computer a bit and then I went to bed early.

You understand there was a lot of drinking going on, which, naturally, I don't partake of. Alcohol is evil stuff! Messy. Not so much fun, as far as I'm concerned. 


No comments: