Friday, December 30, 2005

The Calm Before the Storm

SMS. 8.27. Not much happening in Melbourne anyway – Tom
SMS. 9.21. Lying on my bed reading. Life’s hard – Christian
SMS. 9.35 Yes thanks love! How about you? – Leah
SMS. 9.45. Big. Lots of family. Cooked for 30. And now it’s too damn hot! But it’s cooler in the country than the city – Christian
SMS. 9.52. So where r u? – Leah
SMS. 9.48. They are worried my transplant is failing – Tom
SMS. 10.23 Bolago… and it’s lovely – Christian
SMS. 10.24 (Tom) Fuck! – Christian
SMS. 10.24. They always say the worst thing first. We will see xxx – Tom

I called Tom, he was in the Alfred waiting room. He doesn’t know what’s going on. It is wait and see time, I guess.

SMS. 10.35. Might come down next weekend 2 c Wilma-Joan. R u around? – Leah
SMS. 10.45. Got a wedding next weekend – Christian

It’s hot. Too hot to lie on my island and read my book, even. My phone was out of space for new messages. Marina (Con and Lila) and Elaine (Marina’s sister) were out the front, in the garden, chatting to Luke, as I cursed, as I realised the message space problem. I had to fess up - to storing all of my sms' in my journal. But, as it turned out, Marina keeps a journal and does something similar, to me, recording her sms’ in her journal. Perhaps, I’m not completely alone in my madness, after all. It is comforting.
I retreated, in doors. Besides, it was coolest behind the computer in the office.

Con was the first Asian boy I really turned on to. (That's not entirely true, I had had sex with Asian boys at sex clubs) He's buff and he's strapping and he was the first Asian boy I really lusted after what-was-down-his-pants. You know, dirty, sweaty.... Just by the by...

SMS. 14.19. (He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned) Happy fucken Xmas – Christian
SMS. 14.24. (Shane) Did this good girl wish that bad girl happy Xmas? How remiss! I hope you and bad girl Mark W. survived it – Christian

I read Dead Europe on my bed for the afternoon, sweating to a nice, shiny sheen, until I had to strip my T-shirt off and chase a breeze. The garden was beautiful, in the evening. At the end of a long summer’s day, when the sun had gone down, feel the residual glow. Luke and I help Mark do some pruning and some plant removal.

I watched TV until late, the death of Marlyn Monroe until 1am, after Mark and Luke went to bed.
Then I got inspired and wrote some of my script until 3am, at which time it was still a warm summer’s night.

No comments: