Friday, December 23, 2005

Gettin' Out of Town

The day just has to be over. Gone. Done. Extinguished. The last day of the work year. Yay! Yip, yip, yippee. No more salt mines for a couple of weeks. I’m going on holidays. My calloused tongue will have time to heal. Oh, what? That's life. Not work. Pity!


Kym

Merry Xmas to you miss... er... mrs... er... ms... and to all the rest of your (expanding) clan.

Christian


Kym’s daughter is now having a baby at sixteen. Oh well, like mother like daughter, I guess. I mean, Kym didn't have Saffy when she was sixteen. I'm talking about Max. You know, if mum can get pregnant, so can I.

How’s your day? - Christian

Average - Tim

Oh. I'm bored - Christian

Wanna go for a drink? - Tim

Gotta go shopping, last chance - Christian

Alcohol will make shopping easier and more enjoyable. Alcohol makes everything better - Tim


SMS. 14.46 (Rachel) I’m bored – Christian


It was still so hot, after work, that I did my shopping in fifteen minutes, I wasn’t mucking around. Too hot! I nearly had second thoughts, I nearly faultered. Then, I just thought fuck it, stop being a pussy.

Think it, do it. Don’t procrastinate.

I was sweating, just standing in my lounge room, once I got home. You know, when your clothes stick to you when you are standing still and the sweat is running down your face. I was going to wrap my presents, do the whole bit, wrapping paper, ribbon...

Then I thought to myself, it wouldn’t be like this in the country. There would be fresh air in the country. The car is air-conditioned, even. All I do is put the shopping bags in the car, don't unpack them. Grab my bag and lap-top, which are both packed and ready to go and just walk out the door.

Take it all up there.

Do it all up there.

I can take everything with me and leave Mark and Luke the mess. He, he.

I had packed up and left within fifteen minutes.


SMS. 19.41. I’m having a beer b4 heading to Southland – Rachel

SMS. 20.04. I’m in Bolago, where it is cool – Christian

SMS. 20.04. Cool! I am in Cheltenham where I don’t know what the temperature is ‘cos of the air-conditioning – Rachel

 

No comments: