Sunday, December 25, 2005

So This is Xmas

SMS. 00.16. Merry Xmas BB! Luv u – Shelly

SMS. 00.32. (Jill) Merry Xmas – Christian

SMS. 00.44. (Shelly) Yeah, Happy Xmas to you – Christian

SMS. 00.44. Thank u darling – Shelly

SMS. 00.44. (Rachel) Yeah. Wrapping fucking presents – Christian

SMS. 00.45. Me 2… thank God 4 alcohol. Fuck, where did all this shit come from & just how many kids do I have? Mince pies, yummy – Rachel

SMS. 00.47. (Shelly) Ho, ho, ho – Christian

SMS. 00.48. Ditto! – Shelly

SMS. 00.49. (Rachel) Merry Xmas – Christian


I woke in the cabin – cabin, cottage, it all depends on my mood – early, in my big bed, floating above the ground, that’s how it feels, like a Gilligan’s Island hovercraft, a floating – velour plush – island all of its own. My floating, sleep island.

So this is Christmas? Soft colours of the forest imbued my vision, until I'm sure my corneas had turned green. Oh yes, they are green. Silly me. Inside out… it’s like the bush inside out; being inside the cabin on Xmas morning. Wattle and gum trees.

I had no idea what time Mark and Luke had gone to sleep, I left them wrapping presents, in the house. I stood in the middle of the lounge, after wrapping my presents, watching them both busy and just felt tired. (shut down sequence had begun) My weeks were catching up to me, it was the night before Xmas, and I needed to sleep.


SMS. 8.29. Merry Christmas Christian xxxx – Tom


The masses would be arriving soon.

I was going to drive down to get mum, drive back, drive her home afterwards, then drive back up and then drive down again tomorrow. But Rich and Marg were, practically, driving right past Lottie’s door. But no, too hard. And then I got her to stay the night.


SMS. 11.19. Ho Ho Homosexual Xmas. Joy to you! Hope you have a great day. Love always Lauri and Leroy xx


Lunch was a family affair. Traditional family roast. Ham, pork, crackling, lamb, mint sauce, the usual fair. Roast potatoes cooked in the Aga. Yum! Plum Pudding, caramel sauce, ice cream and whipped cream.

I watched (niece) Kellie get short with mum – as I’d seen her do a number of times during the day – as they were leaving, as Kellie sat in the back of the car, as Kellie wanted the salt, at the table. Then I saw her face change and I watched her really make an effort. Gill turned to me and said, "I’ve explained to Kellie about being nice and about the inheritance." Gill beamed.

I was taken a back. Lost for words. "Well, you could just talk to her about being nice... for no reason."

Jasus! I thought.


SMS. 17.33. Merry Xmas to you too. Happy New year. Big hugs and kisses. Lots of love Christian


We watched Operatunity.

Of course, everybody sang. You can't be a true family memeber, if you can't sing.


SMS. 22.10. Merry Christmas and thanks for the birthday message – Jill 


No comments: