Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Crisis Over, Bring on the Lebanese Boys on the Beach

 (Tim)

Can you tell Nicholas that I didn't pull the tap apart for him to take it to the plumber? He was going to take it after work.

I'll go and do it in the morning. We'll just have to put up with it for another night.

Christian


Ok – I will.... I turned the water off before I left.... have a great day

Tim


Morning Miss,

Hope this finds you just dandy.

Today I'm off to renew my driver's licence – what fun! God I hope they don't do an eye test!!!!!!!!

Will get back to you laters.

xxxx Tom

PS I think it was a good drop of blood I got yesterday


My day? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian


Oooh sorry to hear that. I thought your busiest day was over? Hmmm. The 14th – maybe it's today?

I am now licensed until 2015 Miss.

Gee I Have luck with me sometimes, I tells ya!

Dingaling!

Tom


It’s today.

Christian


I shall leave you to it Miss.

Good luck!

Tom


Big hugs to you.

And my boss has pulled my meeting with him back by two hours, because he wants to go out for lunch. They just don't get!

Christian


(Tom)

Did I scream this morning?

Well, that was nothing to now!

Never believe it can't get any worse.

Christian


It was the busiest day of the year, all deadlines were for today. And we’d done it and it was 3pm and despite working two ten hour days it was over. Final payments were going out; including 100’s of million dollars in Trust payments that have to be paid to the cent and within a strict time frame. One partner had come down and authorised and the second one was due; we would have sent the payments, if he had come down when he was scheduled. A P.A. called from Queensland and questioned why she didn’t have her settlements on the pre-send schedules. (Anally retentive, the only person in the place who reads those reports... thankfully) We discovered that the data base was corrupt and that all the payments had reset back to last month’s figures.

In the end, when it looked like a six hour restore by Attar, the Attar Help Desk guy said he was going to the doctor and that we were on our own for two hours.

Attar did ascertain that the data base was corrupt, it was as though a new month had been opened, but not really. Started but somehow didn’t go through with its operation. When you open a new month, all variable data is cleared, hence everyone was getting paid last month’s payments. It was as though nothing had been entered.

SMS. 17.55. Has your crisis passed? – Leah

We had to restore back to last night and check it all. Make sure two partners would be available at 7pm. We were in constant contact with Christina, the CEO, who was on her phone at a cocktail party. Will, National Finance Director, buggered off, something about it being Attar’s problem, and having to look after his kids, which he had to pick up from school. I don’t think he gets it yet. And then he was gone.

But to be fare, Mal and Soto and Anna Papas all stayed until it was right.

Our IT Department restored the whole thing in thirty minutes, we have hourly backups.

The partners made themselves available till 7pm.

Christina had to tell each partner to go ahead and authorise, despite none of the figures matching what she had authorised earlier in the day, despite us being out by five million. They’d do it on her say so, she’s a powerful lady. She has a formidable reputation. Funny, I’ve never found Christina to be anything other than witty, almost charming in her manner, supportive and concerned and able to be depended upon in a crisis. Able to be depended upon, and she is way busier than any of us will ever be.

Beck and I crack each other up, even in a crisis, so we get through it okay. And we know what we are doing. We’d worked out that it all balance, before we left. I was home by 8.30.


wicked man you are mr fletcher. wicked.

i think indeed we should have a character modelled on you. indeed.

touch Tino's cock. Farley'll cack at that fer sure :)

xx Aby


SMS. 22.16. Fa la la la la la la la la – Rachel

SMS. 22.18. AAAAHHHHHH!!!! – Christian

SMS. 22.19. He, he, he xxx – Rachel

SMS. 22.23. Grrr!!! – Christian

SMS. 22.24. We wish u a merry xmas, we wish u a merry xmas would u like 2 come 2 primary schools carols night 2morrow? – Rachel

SMS. 22.29. You are just bating me, I’m not buying it – Christian

SMS. 22.28. Yr no fun! Why do I have 2 suffer? ALONE… – Rachel

SMS. 22.34. I am fucked ni night. Fucked figuratively not physically. We need 2 do b/d dinner 4 Jill next week – Rachel

SMS. 23.02. Do u want to go down to St Kilda? A beach full of Lebanese and Arabic boys sounds all right to me – Christian


No comments: