Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lonely Tom

Tom complained that we all have hot boyfriends and he can't even crack it for a plain one. He sounded sad, when he said it.

"You've got Manny, David's got Mark and... and Shane has, um, er Matt (Tom gives himself away for having meddled in Shane's relationship with Mark W., when he says it that way. I don't think he realises he does it) And I've got no one."

We've all agreed that our Mark quota is full. All three of us have one.

I think what Tom was really saying was that he was missing coming around and hanging with me, Shane and David, like he always has, albeit never living together before, because he knows he has fucked it up so badly with Shane...

It only dawned on me the other day why Tom hasn't been around, because of he and Shane. I'm usually Tom's staunchest ally, but I know he acted reprehensibly by getting in Mark W.'s ear. Yes, yes, Tom we could all see that Shane and Mark W. were on the rocks. No, that certainly doesn't give you free licence to act as relationship counsellor.

"I'm only trying to help," said Tom the last time I saw him.

No, I wouldn't say that Tom was only trying to help himself, because it's not deliberate, but when it comes out looking like he has, you'd be forgiven for think it so.

Tom is the devil incarnate, as far as Matt is concerned. Mark W. is the enemy. Perry is a fuck whit. It's funny seeing such an obvious crack appear in my friendship base, it's interesting to see a new perspective on it all.

"I know one thing," said Shane. "I so wish Tom would get a fucking life, so he could start leaving mine alone."

Tom's in Queensland and Sydney, this week, chasing the sun.


No comments: