Monday, June 11, 2007

And the Sun Also Rises

It's raining. The skies have opened up to wash all of our pain away. I love days-after like these. Colour set to brittle, as the fire burns as the rain falls.

The fire was still burning from mine and David's 4am soiree. Yeah for open fires. I worked out what day it was and promptly cancelled the cleaner. I guess that's not so terribly fair, but I'm the boss and it's my house.

David came striding out, dressed ready to leave, like he was a man on a mission. Tony left at 6am to go to work. David was off to Wet on Wellington. Once they get the taste for it and a nose full of drugs... insatiable!

David wore a T-shirt with Jesus Christ on the front, with his chaps to Woof Club. Halfway through the night he was wearing it in his back pocket, when he felt water running down his leg. He'd just been in the toilet blowing the boy on a promise for months, Tony.

"I baptised Jesus in a poofter dunny while I was blowing the boy who I most liked, at that moment," said David. He was smiling broadly.

Shane hasn't appeared since Saturday night. He'll be at Matt's.

Missy is lying on my bare feet keeping them warm. There is something quite sensuous about animal fur. I'm getting quite turned on.

There is silence, except for the crackle of the wood as it burns in the fire place and the clack of the keyboard keys as I push down on them.

I don't half feel like shit, though. Like a train wreck. I think, for the rest of the day, I should be referred to as Kerang. Well, that's the noise you're left with after everything has stopped working, anyway.


No comments: