Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day Whatever?

Still no cigarettes, although I have smoked so many joints this weekend I feel inauthentic making that claim. But, still no, actual, cigarettes put to my lips and lit, just for the sake of smoking a cigarette. It's a couple of weeks, maybe?

The country sky is blue, with scattered grey clouds floating by. There is a chill in the air. The sun is luxuriously warm. There is a gentle breeze.


The self help group are on the jetty, wailing heavenwards in thanks for all they have learned over the five day intensive.

I’m worthwhile. I’m genuine. I’m authentic.

I’m on my fifth joint and in trouble again for smoking pot in the house, making it smell like a Bedouin Joss house.

The guests time is up an hour, or so, after lunch, so I have decided to postpone my departure. If they’d been staying until tonight, or tomorrow, I’d be packing up the GTI and hoofing it back down the highway to peace and quiet. I’m sick of tip-toeing around. Well, not exactly, but it is good if their time in the house is up soon.

I sat and ate lunch on a seat that had daises growing up through it.

I didn’t think of David at the prescribed time of his birth, as promised. So, I didn't make the 3 wishes as I said I would. One for me. One for him. And one for humanity.

So what do I tell him?

Am I that greater an actor to be able to lie?


No comments: