Monday, August 06, 2007

Another Bitch in The Kennel

I spoke to the new HR manger in Queensland. It didn't go well. She’d messed up some paperwork, so I emailed her and told her I couldn't complete it. And since she’d miss the monthly cut off, anyway…

So she calls me up and says that she couldn't be expected to stick to dates, HR didn't work that way. She said that I would do as she said. She said that I would do as I was told. And in future, rather than sending her a rude email, I should pick up the phone and call her.

I explained to her why I had cut off dates. I explained how the processes worked and that they were all date driven. I told her that I wouldn't be promising to call her in future, as I work with emails, as they gave people an opportunity to answer when it was convenient and it avoided me playing phone tag with people.

I also require everything in writing, as I didn't trust any of them, let alone her, but I didn't mention that detail to her. They resist putting any thing in writing, I’m happy for every thing I do to be in writing. All HR women are liars when pushed, has been my experience.

She told me I was being rude and that she was taking it further.

I said to her I didn't understand what she was taking further.

She hung up.

I turned to Beck and Louise, who were sitting with me and listening to the conversation.

Was I just rude to her?

No, said Louise.

You couldn't have been nicer to her, said Beck.

I complained to the head of Finance, you know, get in first. The new HR manager is South African. The head of finance’s comment was, Does she think she is still in the mother country dealing with the blacks? Do as she tells you?

The new bitch complained to the head of HR, Adele, who spoke to Beck. Adele had the email I sent, forwarded by the (seemingly) increasingly brainless new bitch. Beck said Adele looked perplexed, as she read it. The email just wasn't rude.

Another idiot for the collection, I thought.

Where do they get them?

Ah, the salt mines, it is so good to be back.

Now let me see, the beauty of Vietnam reflected in the beauty of the Vietnamese' eyes. Or a clueless, moronic, bitch? I can see which is really living.


No comments: