Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Home

I decided to head home in the morning. Mark and Luke had some prospective clients coming midday. I decided that I didn't need to be involved in such a meeting, so me, the GTI and the beautiful day all headed south to the big smoke.

I was hoping nobody was home, I just wanted to play with Picture Manager. David was home and clearly in need of a chat. I was going straight to my computer to see if I could pick some new photos for the blog, to stop it from being so boring, I had the inspiration. But David made tea and he had that expectant, needy expression on his face. I was captured in the lounge room, before I knew it. We talked until the sun faded and the day went black.

He told me that I was more upset about Manny than I was letting on. I kind of agreed, I've felt sad about him, sure, but I don’t think I made it to upset.

David said he is ready for Mr Right to head on over.

“I wonder what the two of them are doing?” I said.

David looked inquisitive.

“Our next boyfriends.”

“Presumably, they are not together,” said David.

“I hope mine is in Acland Street… um, no too far… in Lygon Street, at an outdoors cafĂ© table with a newspaper and a coffee, looking up occasionally to check that I’m not wandering by,” I said.

“I wish mine would find the scent,” said David. “And soon.”

Then David had a sleep and I went and visited my mother. 


No comments: