Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Old Friends

I had dinner with Rachel and Jill. There is something that friends, who have known each other since being kids, have that is warm and comforting. We just are with each other, like we've picked up again in exactly the right spot. We know each other so well. We just start talking, like there are no insecurities in any of us.

I travelled the world with Rachel, Europe, Scandinavia. I lived with her in London. So she was keen to hear my exploits.

They laughed about the bitch who scratched my face. They were enchanted by the descriptions of the Vietnamese and the Loasions. They longed, as I recalled memories of the beauty I had seen.

Relationships with people and seeing how other people live, is really what life is all about. I've taken 12 months off and travelled the world, twice before. Once with Rachel and once with Mark. I think it is time I took another 12 months off and travelled the world on my own. A lap-top and a digital camera. Some how travelling makes sense of all the bull shit.


No comments: