Friday, August 24, 2007

Gone Home Sick

I came home at lunch time. I'm really into working in the mornings and having the afternoons off. Midday seems bright and alive and a very good time to come home.

Shane and I discussed it this morning, we both agreed that I'm not coming down with any thing, it's just detox. He's going through the same thing. So, I don't expect that I'm going to get sick any time soon.

But it is nice to be home during the afternoon.

I went to Myer, on the way home, to buy socks, mine all have holes in them. They last about six months, on average; most of the pairs I'm wearing, at the moment, have holes in them.

Myer was full of boys with fat bums, in cream slacks. Except for one beautiful boy, around 20 years old, I'd guess, with his mum buying new jeans; dark hair, pale skin, blue eyes, and muscles in a white singlet. When he came out of the change room to show her, she grabbed him by the wasteband to see how they fitted. She had her fingers inside the front of his pants, as she grabbed the waistband and looked at them to see how much room her baby boy (six foot two and eyes of blue, but always her baby boy) had. And boy did he fill those jeans out admirably. He rolled his eyes, as the shop girls stood around discussing his fit, as his mother made the decision. His expression made me laugh.


I walked up Lonsdale Street in the sunshine. It was a beautiful day, blue skies, warm sun. There is something fresh and new about a sunny midday, especially when there is no work to go to.

 

No comments: