Saturday, August 11, 2007

Big City, Bright Lights

I was going to head to the country to smoke pot with LouLou. I knew otherwise, I'd just waste the night, fart around, do nothing. It would be nice in the country, chatting in front of the fire. I half-heartedly started getting my stuff together.

But, I decided to give into city temptations of the big city and I logged into gaydar to find myself a man. Go to do it, I thought. No more Manny on tap. I was feeling horny.

Unbeknownst to me, David was in his room also on gaydar. And guess whose profile he stumbled across. Well, after he'd sent me a message, thanking me for the universe and everything. He critiqued my profile. He thought it was great. I gave away more emotional stuff than he did, but he liked it. Now he'd seen my penis. Ah! Great photos. He thought I'd managed to convey a sense of humour...

Well, I don't know about you, but I've always gone with the idea that when you do see a housemate or friends profile on gaydar, or some such web site, you just discreetly avoid it. I'd never check out a friend's profile. You know, it's one thing to accompany a friend to Club 80, it's another thing to go into the cubicle with him.

I lost interest in gaydar, after that and went to bed.


No comments: