Wednesday, August 01, 2007

In Laos

I'm in Laos and it is just beautiful, rugged, mountainous with lush vegetation. I am in the city of Luang Prabang and I think it is one of the most charming towns I have ever been in. It is just gorgeous, set on the Mekong River. French Provincial meets Asian tack. The Laos people are beautiful, physically and their nature is gentle and kind. The Laos men are just gorgeous, with their brown skin, black, black hair and probably the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.

It is gentle and relaxed here. The shops are full of beautiful, beautiful things; textiles, wood work, paintings, craft. The people of Luang Prabang seem to have a very good eye for colour and design.

It is sunny, finally and hot. Luang Prabang is like a beautiful sea side town, except set next to the mighty Mekong.

I love it here. I will definitely be back one day. It is one of my favourite places in the world, I can confidently say.

We have been staying in a resort village out of town for the last two nights, set in a lush, tropical forest, but we have moved into town for our last night. We were staying at an eco elephant park. The elephants were gorgeous, so strong and magnificent. Tonight we stay in the main street amongst it all.


No comments: