Monday, July 06, 2009

Oh, Bloody Advertising

The internet is now jam packed with advertising. Boggles my mind. I can't watch a video clip without an advert, I don't want or care for, popping up. I can't read a news article without something jumping out, flashing up on the screen, obliterating what it was that actually did want.

Why do advertisers have to spoil absolutely everything? Why does the corporate world have to take over everything for its own gain?

Why do we have to put up with this?

I believe the internet, as we knew it, is now in its death throes. Remember when you used to search for something and you'd get all sorts of interesting articles in response, not just amazon.com, sales.com, I want to make money.com, I want to screw you over.com.

The internet becoming a corporate sales tool is now nearly complete.

I wonder when the alternative internet will appear?


It's especially annoying when you remember that most advertising doesn't work anyway, so we are getting bombarded, almost, for nothing. Advertising is like carpet bombing, if you hit enough people with your useless information, you are bound to get enough bites to screw the money out of someone.

 

No comments: